WHY WE MAKE THIS
Originally, we made this hub to be the cornerstone of our hub product line. It was one of those product releases where we put all our hub and bearing experience into, and ended up with a hub that struck that perfect balance between weight, performance, durability and looks. Since the advent of disc brakes (and the R45D), we keep making it, because it’s still that cornerstone hub, and so many of our riders still love to rock their rim brakes on road and off.
WHY YOU WANT IT
The R45 front hub is lighter and more aerodynamic than most built-to-last hubs on the market. Our R45 rear hub combines a redesigned RingDrive™ system with 45 teeth for lower drag and near-instant engagement with a lightweight hub body and our legendary made-in-house bearings.
Our bearings, both steel and ceramic, have heat-treated, surgical grade steel races that are machined simultaneously to ensure perfect matching. The quality and speed of our bearings is what you will feel (and hear) on every ride. As Chris King bearing tracks burnish they get actually get faster. A little bit of regular love (i.e. service) will keep this hub rolling for years upon years of demanding use.
All Chris King rear hubs come with that signature, angry-bee sound.
- Steel Bearings
- Engineered, manufactured, and assembled in Portland, Oregon USA
- King Lifetime Warranty
- Legendary made-in-house bearings
- Easily serviceable with a 2.5mm hex and pick or pen knife
- Completely re-buildable with our R45 Hub Service Tool
- Available with Shiamano/Sram HG or Sram XDR driveshell
- Available in 28h and 32h
- Ceramic bearing upgrade available
- Axle Width: 130mm
- Flange Diameter DS & NDS: 51mm
- Center to Flange DS: 17mm
- Center to Flange NDS: 34.3mm
|130mm QR / SRAM XDR / Black / 28