You know what they say—when the grams go away, speed comes out to play. Benefitting from the lightest EVO frame we've ever created and the most aggressive iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry to date, the S-Works Epic EVO made a few calls and assembled a dream team supporting cast to offer a ‘capability-to-weight' ratio that skips impressive and jumps straight to flat-out mindblowing.
While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 10-millimeters out back, we've worked overtime to make sure it's been implemented in a way that'll have you saying ‘Whoa!' as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack.
Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic's standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO's new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you're able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency.
With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It's also more versatile than ever thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO's handling characteristics.
For the S-Works Epic EVO we also made sure that every last component to have the honor of gracing its FACT 12m carbon frame was just as dedicated to finding the ultimate balance of lightness, efficiency and hard-charging capability. For proof, just take a look at the seemingly logic-defying, stiffer-lighter-stronger masterpiece that is the new Roval Control SL wheelset, and SRAM's XC-light yet trail-tough electronic XX1 Eagle AXS group and wireless electronically-actuated Reverb AXS dropper post.
- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the S-Works Epic EVO's FACT 12m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to reduce the EVO's headtube angle by half a degree while lowering bottom bracket height by 10 millimeters.
- Pairing the stiff yet lightweight SID Ultimate chassis with RockShox's lightest-ever Charger Race Day damper makes for quite the package, impressively cutting weight while still managing to pack in truly impressive levels of performance, precsion, and control.
- The pinnacle of drivetrain performance, SRAM's XX1 Eagle AXS combines next-gen wireless technology, incredibly accurate shift performance and game-changing versatility to drastically redefine the riding experience.
- Created specifically to match both the weight savings and increased capability of the S-Works Epic and S-Works Epic EVO, the Roval Control SL rim introduces a completely new offset rim profile that features a 29-millimeter-wide internal width and not only increases strength and reduces weight, but also improves pinch-flat resistance by 22-percent.
|Crank Length (mm)||170||175||175||175|
|Handlebar Width (mm)||760||760||760||760|
|Stem Length (mm)||60||60||60||60|
|Saddle Width (mm)||155||143||143||143|
|Seatpost Length (mm)||125||125||150||170|
|Fork Length, Full (mm)||530||530||530||530|
|BB Drop (mm)||36||36||36||36|
|Front Center (mm)||697||729||759||792|
|Chainstay Length (mm)||438||438||438||438|
|Head Tube Length (mm)||95||100||115||135|
|Head Tube Angle||66.5°||66.5°||66.5°||66.5°|
|Fork Rake/Offset (mm)||44||44||44||44|
|Seat Tube Angle||74.8°||74.5°||74.5°||74.5°|
|Seat Tube Length (mm)||400||430||470||520|
|BB Height (mm)||336||336||336||336|
|Bike Standover Height (mm)||779||781||793||804|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal (mm)||567||602||629||659|
|Frame||S-Works FACT 12m Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered™, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 110mm of travel|
|Fork||Rockshox SID ULTIMATE, Charger Race Day Damper, Debon Air, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 120mm Travel|
|Rear Shock||RockShox SID LUXE ULTIMATE, Rx XC Tune, Two Position, Rebound Adjust, 190x40mm|
|Rims||Roval Control SL, Carbon offset design, 29mm internal width, 4mm hook width, Tubeless ready, 24h|
Front: Roval Control SL, DT Swiss Internals, Ceramic Bearings, 6-bolt, 15mm thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 24h straight pull t-head
Rear: Roval Control SL, DT Swiss 180 Internals, DT Swiss Ratchet EXP, Ceramic bearings, 12mm thru-axle, 148mm spacing, 24h straight-pull
|Spokes||DT Swiss Aerolite|
|Tires||Specialized Ground Control, GRID Casing, T7 Compound, 29x2.35|
|Bottom Bracket||SRAM DUB, BSA 73mm, Threaded|
|Crankset||SRAM XX1 Eagle DUB, 32T|
|Shifters||SRAM Eagle AXS Rocker Paddle|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS|
|Cassette/Freewheel||Sram XG-1299, 12-Speed, 10-52t|
|Chain||SRAM XX1 Eagle|
|Brakes||SRAM G2 Ultimate, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor|
|Handlebars||Roval Control Rise Carbon Handlebar, 760mm wide, 20mm rise, 35mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Trail Grips|
|Stem||TruVativ Descendant 35, 35mm clamp, 60mm|
|Seatpost||RockShox Reverb AXS, 30.9mm|
|Saddle||Body Geometry S-Works Power, carbon fiber rails, carbon fiber base|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Satin Blue Ghost Pearl/Blk Chrom/Gold Ghost Pearl / Small||888818861286||94823-0002||210000060620|
|Satin Blue Ghost Pearl/Blk Chrom/Gold Ghost Pearl / Medium||888818861378||94823-0003||210000060417|
|Satin Blue Ghost Pearl/Blk Chrom/Gold Ghost Pearl / Large||888818861668||94823-0004||210000060444|
|Satin Blue Ghost Pearl/Blk Chrom/Gold Ghost Pearl / X-Large||888818861293||94823-0005||210000060418|